Saturday, May 24, 2008

1st Mother's Day!

After my boys and I got home from going to church together, Kylen decides to let Mommy relax as he found something to get in to (of course).

What do you know?... I see him playing so quietly on the floor and I just had to interrupt him and have him pose in his cute little outfit. He decided that since it was Mother's Day, that he would not go after the camera today. He would give me a cute pose... but just one.

Of course, it took him no time to go back to what he was doing.

As I take these adorable pictures, I have the wonderful memories of being and becoming a mother. I let my mother know that day that I was actually not scared at all before I had Kylen. I knew that if he received half of the love that I did from my mom, then he would turn out just fine. After all, isn't that what everyone in this world needs and searches for? That is why I call love a miracle. There are so many unique, amazing times while watching your child grow up. The love I have for sweet Kylen is a love that is completely different than any love I have experienced. It is a love that I did not even know was possible to have for someone else. As I take a break from taking pictures of him on my first Mother's Day, I cannot help but to think of how much I enjoy being a mother. Watching Kylen learn to: sit up for his first time, roll over, stand up, eat cheerios, crawl, cruise, and many other things, are absolutely irreplaceable experiences. I have a hard time remembering what I used to do without him, and I look forward to the many times that I will cherish in the future.

Baby Boy Kylen, you are my miracle of love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a doll! And what a special mother you are! You did tell me that you weren't afraid of being a mother, and I could tell. You have never been happier and that makes me happy. There is no love like a mother's love!! Momma Sue